Monday, February 11, 2008

sidetracked on the weekend...

...didn't quite do what I planned, but it was worthwhile anyway!

Instead of spinning or working on the leg warmers, I finished organizing my craft room. I really wanted to start quilting one of my long-standing WIPs, but I didn't have enough room around the sewing machine. Plus, I still hadn't put any drapes in the room and I was worried that my needlework fibers (hanging up on the wall) and quilting fabrics (stored on open shelves) would start fading once the good weather arrived.

So this is what I did on my weekend:
  • Moved all of the hanging fibers into two new drawer organizers that completely block the light.
  • Hung up all of my scissors, rotary cutters, and other tools where the fibers used to be.
  • Moved all of the sewing patterns and ready-to-sew doll clothes (don't ask how old these are...) into smaller boxes and bins that are easier to manage; put them on the top shelf of the closet.
  • Purged a bunch of odds and ends that I have no idea why I still had them--most were trash or recycling
  • Moved a lot of loose stuff and keepsakes (newspaper articles and the like) from shoe boxes into archival-safe photo boxes.
  • Put up one of the drapery rods that used to be in the living room into this room; hung new drapes (gotta love Target for inexpensive panels!)
  • Hung a set of canvas panels on a tensioned curtain rod so that they hang in front of the quiting fabric to block the light.
  • Put away yarn and roving that were still in bags; put away loose knitting needles
  • Found the top of my sewing table and found the floor!!
I need to take pictures of my room so you can see the new space.

It was a nice weekend, weather-wise and we were able to let the cats out to play in the backyard. They loved checking out the lawn and seeing what was new. The Husband did a little gardening, so there were dirt clumps to check out beneath the cherry tree...

Checking out the yard ... What happened here?

This is a nice place to sit

It wasn't craft-less weekend because I did work on the Lenore socks and the Seahorses needlepoint. I'll post pictures of those on Wednesday. In the meantime, enjoy the sky from this morning...

February morning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some early spring cleaning! :) Terry

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...