Wednesday, February 13, 2008

WIP-it Wednesday and craft room pix...

...first the WIP. Here is the current state of the Seahorses needlepoint pillow top:

WIP: Seahorses needlepoint

I'm getting closer to the end! The seahorses are all stitched now and I'm working on the background. Thank goodness I'm all done with the oranges and yellows--they are not my favorite colors. I have no idea what possessed me to get this kit in the first place. Finishing it is a personal challenge, but I don't know whether I'll actually use it once it's done!

I took a few pictures of my sewing/craft room. (I am in the process of adding notes in Flickr to help identify what is stored where.) This is the smallest bedroom in the house, so it's pretty full in there. Here is the view from the door:

Sewing/Craft Room 1

You can see that the sewing table takes up a lot of room, but I love this table. The table has an extension that folds down when not it use, but when it's open, I have lots of room for machine quilting. The ironing board is setup most of the time. Under the sewing table are two fabric containers that hold my spinning fiber.

Moving to the left, here's a look at the armoire that contains all of my quilt batting, the fabric for the current quilt top in process and my beading supplies. On top are the storage boxes for all of the kitted cross stitch projects, cross-stitch fabric, baskets, and rubber stamps. The bookshelf holds most of my knitting and quilting books; the TV, cable box, and DVD player (note my clever separators between the cable box and DVD player), quilting rulers; and project binders.

Sewing/Craft Room 2

On top of the cubbie units that hold my yarn are the white craft organizers I bought for my needlework fibers (silks, perles, overdyed floss). The oak organizer holds DMC floss wound onto bobbins; my tools hang above on a wire rack. At the bottom of the picture, you get a glimpse of the fabric drawers that hold my yarn and my stack of knitting magazines.

Sewing/Craft Room 3

Here is the fabric closet with the curtains closed and with them pulled back.

Sewing/Craft Room 4 ... Sewing/Craft Room 5

There is a lot of fabric packed in this closet! There are also two organizers full of sequins, beads, and buttons, and a third one with screws, molly bolts, framing supplies, nails, etc. Along the top of the closet are photo and pattern boxes that hold things I don't need as often. The baskets at the bottom hold canvases that I don't want crushed and things that I need for items that are queued.

The last picture shows the door, with a peek into our bedroom (that's my Turning Tides quilt on the bed being enjoyed by Sombra). Here you can see my circular and double pointed needles on the right, the scarves and sock bags hanging on the door, and "The Wright Stuff" quilt on the left, waiting to be machine quilted.

Sewing/Craft Room 6

After looking at these pictures this morning, I think I still have a bunch to do. At least, it's in better shape than it was a week ago!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...