Friday, September 11, 2009

out of Eye Candy Friday ideas again...

...so you get another cat picture. Here is Miss Sombra, getting up close and personal with with the camera, again.

Sombra, up close and personal...

See all the dirt on her fur...she's been outside, rolling around on the cement patio!

Quilting and needlework take a lot longer to complete so there are fewer progress pictures. In the case of cross stitch, I work on linen that is 28 or 32 threads per inch—after two hours of stitching, it doesn't look like I've done a lot. We tracked how long it took me to complete the baby afghan that I made for my niece (hardanger, another type of needlework; finished size about 25x40 inches)...about 100 hours. I have no idea how long it takes me to stitch one of the mermaids.


Up this weekend: do the housework that I ignored last weekend (oops). Rip out 3 stray squares from the quilt, put them in a better location, and call this quilt top "done." Work on my cross stitch mermaid. And maybe warp the loom to test a new technique. Knitting is still on hold until something calls my name!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...