Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, mermaid style...

...of course, she doesn't look much like a mermaid right now. I haven't added the tail fins and she doesn't have an upper body yet.

Queen Mermaid, in progress

At least there is progress since the last picture, which is more than I can say for the other cross stitch project!

Peacock Majesty is going
very slowly. I think it has to do with the fact that it is on dark teal linen. Stitching on dark fabric required really good lighting and magnification. On top of that, it's a sampler with rows and rows of fussy stitches—the fussier they are, the longer it takes to complete them. Now I remember why I put Peacock Majesty into hibernation for so long! I'm finding that I'm just not into samplers right now. I'm going to keep at it for another couple of days, but if I don't feel the love soon, it going back on hiatus!

Still no knitting, spinning, or weaving, but I may get the loom warped soon. I am anxiously awaiting my birthday present, which is a stand for my Knitters Loom and a cone of 4/2 cotton weaving yarn (1680 yards!). The stand will make it easier for me to use a shuttle for the wider pieces and will let me move the loom to different locations (right now I can only weave at the dining room table or at the coffee table). I'm going to use the cotton for a variety of things (mug mats... placemats... table runner).

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...