Friday, December 10, 2010

Eye can't-believe-that-I-haven't-baked-anything-yet-Candy Friday...

...this is the latest start I have ever had in the last 24 years! Wow...it's a good thing I'm a lot more efficient now!

So today's Eye Candy is this morning's sky. You know, the sun has risen on yest another day of No Baking! LOL!

Another December morning

And we have a few flowers that think it's spring, like this one:

Blooming in December

There's also a very confused rose bush that refused to have its picture taken this morning.

Up this weekend: Need I say it? Baking!! Up first are the fruitcakes and pumpkin breads. Per batch, they take the longest to bake. While they are baking, I can make some of the cookie dough that needs to be chilled.  Then I'll swing over to the drop cookies.  I'll probably devote an entire day to biscotti, whether that's this weekend or next is anybody's guess at this point.

Oh yeah, somewhere in there I need to decorate! Tonight we will get the tree into its final stand (short story: it doesn't fit well in the current stand and is wobbly). If all goes well, I might be able to start decorating it tonight.

Crafts? who knows when I'll be able to get to that again...after Christmas, maybe?

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

OH YES....you should get on that biscotti!! And like YOU, I do hope to get the tree (yet to be purchased) put up...that is IF we can do it before the "big concert" this afternoon. I went last night, because it was "sold out" before they could get a block of tickets for spouses...but they let us see it last night, special preview...was awesome!! GOOD LUCK with your baking, know it's driving you batty to be "behind"...but HEY IT HAPPENS...if people get late boxes, do you think they will care? Gives them something "more" to look forward to! As for the office, well perhaps it should be a "new tradition" to start the New Year with the cookies, etc???

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...