Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last call for the contest and WIP-it Wednesday...

...my 5th Blogiversary contest Midnight PST, tonight!  Comment on this post to enter. There will be 5 winners of my Knit2 Sock Bag Pattern and one of those 5 will also win a Knit2 Sock bag made out of the Knitmare on Elm Street fabric [Ravelry picture].



January seems to be the month I revisit some UFOs and make an effort to get them closer to done. Over the weekend, it was my teal quilt. Last night at Craft Night, it was spindle spinning the Wisteria angora-merino top (Tactile, a Fiber Arts Studio) that I started in 2009.

Wisteria, spindle spinning

I remembered why I put this one aside...the angora component makes this fiber very soft, both in feel and to spin. It requires a little more twist to keep together. If I'm not paying attention, I spin too loosely and the spindle falls on the floor. I'm also spinning it on the thin side, so it's taking forever to spin this 4 ounces. I may move it to the wheel just so I can finish the darn thing!

In the WIP-to-be category, I received my Pro-Verbial club installment yesterday. Lov the fiber in this one, even though the colors are not what I classify as "me." After the last Pro-Verbial installment, I like the idea of spinning for a project. So I'm going to spin this one to try and reach the yardage goal for the pattern even though I'll probably never knit it. It could turn into a gift for another knitter...you never know!

You can see the package behind the spoiler picture:

 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...