Friday, April 01, 2011

Finished Object/Eye Candy Friday...

...and Happy April!

First the eye candy. Some freesias...

Red and gold fressias

Some blue flowers that the Husband planted in one of the hanging baskets...

Hanging basket with blue flowers

the mystery bulb finally bloomed—what it is is still a mystery to me...

Mystery bulb finally opened

...and a white Icelandic poppy.

Icelandic Poppy, view from below

Last night I plied the Freestone Fireworks yarn while I watched TV.

Freestone Fireworks yarn

Here's the close up.

Freestone Fireworks yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 3/26/11
Finished 3/31/11
Freestone Fireworks Merino-tencel top (4 oz) from Royale Hare
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT Folding Wheel
154.5 yds, 13 WPI

Now that it's done, it reminds me more of Halloween than fireworks!

Up this weekend: Tonight and tomorrow will be spent on prepping for and attending the company party. I've settled on using the cupcake idea and got some really cool things to use as decorations. (Gotta love gummy candy!) There are a couple of new-to-me techniques that I want to try tonight while I wait for some of the chocolate decorations to set up.  It should be fun.

On Sunday, I'll plot out the design for Jane's wall hanging. I think I've settled on an idea there, too.  Now I just need to draw the template and go for it. I think it's will be slightly different than she might have imagined. [(You'll like it, Jane...trust me!)
.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

NOPE YOU'RE WRONG....I'll LOVE IT!! Whatever it is, I know it will be just beautiful...and will stand for so much, I'm starting a "revolution"....caves for men...."dens" for women....we shall claim our "SPACE" too! I can't wait to see it!!

Hope you had a great time at the party, and aren't TOO TIRED to work on my 'hanging' today...HAHAHA

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...