Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP-ing along...

...which is better than limping along, right?

It's been a while since I've worked on my needlepoint project. I took it to Craft Night last night and made good progress:

Turquoise Trail, as of 3/30/11

I stitched all of the cotton threads for sections 7 and 7a (left side above the shiny blue ribbon divider. I am so not working this in the order that the designer specified!  See that empty area below what I just stitched...that's section 6.  I haven't touched it! I've  stopped trying to manage the color distribution and I'm just letting things fall where they may. However, if it starts getting too pink, I will try to balance it with more blues and teals. This picture doesn't do it justice. It's so much prettier in person.

I've narrowed down my food ideas for Saturday's party. The simple one is to do "Queen of Hearts" tarts. I've made mini-tarts many times and they are quick to assemble. The other is Little Mermaid cupcakes...I think I've been watching too many Cupcake Wars episodes because this really appeals to me. At least I don't have the time constraints that they have!

I better decide soon!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...