Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Tour de Fleece, days 1-3...

...that's pretty much all I worked on this weekend. It was too hot to knit and way too hot to wrestle a quilt, although I did manage to out in a couple of hours last night.

Here's what I did for Tour de Fleece.

  • Day 1, 7/2
    I spun all 4 ounces of Spring Lake Lagoon, a SW Merino-Tencel from Royale Hare.

    Spring Lake Lagoon, singles

  • Day 2, 7/3
    Navajo-plied Spring Lake Lagoon (139.5 yds, 11 WPI)

    Spring Lake Lagoon yarn

    and the close-up

    Spring Lake Lagoon yarn, close up

    I also started Mountain Meadow, a Merino-Alpaca blend from Wolf Creek Wools

    Mountain Meadow, bobbin #1

  • Day 3, 7/4
    Finished spinning Mountain Meadow. It's ready to ply.

    Mountain Meadow singles
Lately, I've been spinning Merino-Tencel, Merino-Bamboo, or Merino-Silk blends. The Merino-Alpaca blend was a nice change and I wish I had more of this to spin. In looking at my Tour de Fleece fiber, Mountain Meadow is the only one that is not blended with tencel, bamboo, or silk. I might have add "ocean" to my target of spinning fiber with forest, meadow and lake names if I want to spin something that doesn't have tencel, bamboo, or silk in it.

We had a quiet weekend. he Husband was busy getting the garden ready for me to handle while he's on vacation (his annual trip to Seattle for the Seattle-to-Portland ride). He's trying to get most of the plant on automatic drip irrigation so I don't have to water too many things individually. That's a good thing because I have a black thumb...I kill pretty much any plant that needs lots of care.

Never did get around to posting a recap over the weekend, so I'll posted that up soon.
.

2 comments:

Elf said...

As usual I just love those colors! I should know but don't--do you dye your own wool also?

marie said...

Not yet! LOL! I've been thinking about trying it out, but just haven't had the time.

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...