Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tour de Fleece, days 17 & 18...

...heading towards the end.

Day 17: This was a rest day and boy, did I need it. I spent the time designing the quilt label for my commissioned quilt and then printing it.

Day 18: I started spinning Silver Lake, a Zen top from Lisa Souza:

Silver Lake, in process


It weighs 4 ounces and is 50% Merino, 25% Tussah silk, and 25% Bamboo. I only spent an hour on it because I needed to sew the label on the quilt. In looking at the picture, I need unwind the last yard or so of the single and re-do it. It's thicker than I want and too energized. That's tonight's task!

I had a 7:30am appointment for my car this morning, which meant skipping the gym and getting to work an hour earlier than normal. It's gonna be a long day!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...