Monday, December 26, 2011

day after Christmas...

...and not much was accomplished.

Christmas Eve dinner was a hit. I managed to finish decorating the house and wrap all the packages before I needed to start dinner. Here's the kitchen Christmas tree:

Kitchen Christmas tree

The cioppino turned out great and everyone enjoyed it,  For dessert, I made a Grand Marnier chocolate mousse. The Daughter brought Sprinkles cupcakes and one of her friend's brought baklava.  We had an abundance of sweets! After everyone left, I packed up the fudge, did the Christmas stockings, and did a load of dishes. I spent a few minutes just sitting and enjoying the Christmas tree lights.

Christmas morning

Christmas day was pretty low key. I managed to finish decorating We waited until the Daughter arrived to open our gifts and then went to visit the Husband's parents for  few hours. We had lunch there and visited for quite a while. When we got home, I pretty much crashed on the couch and watched Christmas movies.

I intended on packing and mailing the remaining cookie packages today, but was immediately thwarted when neither of our normal sources for boxes was open.  I probably could have gone to Kinkos-FedEx to buy boxes, but I know the selection and prices are better from my regular supplier. They are open tomorrow, so I'll  do the packaging and mailing then.

Instead I visited with one of my "kids" and her new fiancé, who were here from out of town. I also finished cleaning up the kitchen and then knit for while. Mostly, I just rested and stayed off my feet for a change. Occasionally, the kitties would join me, but they quickly deserted me when they got cold.

The one remaining holiday thing I want to do is finish writing my holiday letter and getting it mailed to friends. After that, i''l just relax, recharge, and do a little crafting.
.

1 comment:

Elf said...

Oh, yeah, a holiday letter! Hmm, was thinking I'd get one done this year after all, but not looking good so far. Congrats on all you've accomplished for this season.

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...