Tuesday, July 31, 2012

last day of July...

...and here's my weekend report.

I finished one of the bench cushions. No picture yet because we had to move things around and I can't get a clear shot yet. I also sewed two cat cushions. The cats have been fighting over my spinning wheel cover that I accidentally left on the floor. I had some of the pre-quilted fabric leftover from making it, so I made two cat cushions for the, I sewed two covers out of a fabric that has cats doing yoga poses (cute!) and filled them with the leftover fabric pieces. I used velcro closures so I can take the covers off to wash them.

Here's Sombra

Sombra on her cat cushion

and Tica

Tica on her cat cushion

testing the cushions. I have one cushion on each side of my spinning chair. Of course, Sombra thinks they are both here and cycles between cushions! Poor Tica has to keep moving.

On Saturday, the Husband installed the sink cabinet in the studio and did the plumbing. It was not without some issues, which explains why he has not patched the drywall. Let's just say we had to let things dry out a bit... Now that the cabinet is in, we need to buy a counter top and sink for it.

I decoupaged another 4 boxes. I discovered that 3 of the photo boxes are covered in a plastic film. I'm not sure whether the decoupage glue will hold. I did one box and am letting it set a couple of days to see if it will work. If not, I might have to trade these boxes for some that I use to store cookie cutters. I know the cookie cutter boxes do not have plastic covering.

Ravellenic Games: I finished one yarn (Jessica)--one down, six to go.

Jessica handspun

and the close up:

Jessica handspun, close up

Specs:
Jessica Hamby handspun [Ravelry]
Started 7/27/12; 
Finished 7/29/12;
Goth Chick (4 oz) Duo from The Dyeing Arts;
195.4 yds., chain-plied; 13 WPI;
Handspun Heptathlon, Team True Blood, Ravellenic Games 2012

As soon as I finished the first yarn, I started the second (Godric). I have about 1.5 ounces spun of the 4. I have to stop periodically because one of my knees is not happy with the treadling. I'm wondering whether I should back off on riding my bike to the gym, at least until the Olympics is over. It might help my knee.

Onward!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...