Wednesday, August 01, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and Happy August!

Today's WIP is the Godric yarn I am spinning for the Ravellenic Games. Last night's Olympics was pretty exciting and I found myself spinning quite fast. So fast that I finished the singles for Godric:

Godric singles

(So fast that my knee and hip are complaining this morning. I might have to take a rest day before I start the 3rd yarn.)

The plan was to make a 2-ply yarn from these singles. However, I didn't weight the fiber when I split it in two and it looks like there's more on one bobbin, meaning that I'll run out of one bobbin before the other. Usually when this happens it's only a few yards and I can get by with using Andean ply on the excess. This time, it looks like there will be a lot more than just a few yards. I need to think this through before I start to ply. (I also need to remind myself that this is what happens when I start something new at 10pm...the brain is not firing on all cylinders then.)

I took a picture of the bench cushion I finished on Saturday:

New Bench Cushion

I really like the fabric. The color makes a nice contrast with the white bench. My replacement bench arrived yesterday, so I'll have to make the second cushion over the weekend.

I'll get a July recap posted soon.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...