Stealth Project Reveal...
...it arrived at its new home over the weekend.
The daughter of an old friend is going through cancer treatment right now. She just did her 10th round of chemo. As you can expect, that's difficult, both physically and mentally. I live far away, so there's not much I can do to help directly.
I had this idea running through my mind about making her something that contained encouraging and supporting words -- something that she could hold onto (or look at) during her tough moments. She already has one of my Emotional Support Chickies [Ravelry]. I wanted something more personal for her. She loves sunflowers, so I searched for something that might work.
I found a small sunflower cross stitch pattern with a sunflower and the word Thankful. I liked it and decided to change the word to more reflect her journey. This is the Courage Sunflower:
Specs:
Started 9/24/2026
Finished 9/28/2026
Threads:
Used DMC threads instead of the called-for thread
Fabric: from my
stash
Changed the word Thankful to Courage
Stuffed with fiberfill
and machine-embroidered words that hold meaning for the recipient, such as
family, love, hope, and faith.
There are 16 machine-embroidered words. I used my Bernina's alphabet stitch capability to embroider the words onto a cream colored fabric that has daisies. sunflowers, and bees printed on it. I cut out each word into strips, one word per strip, and inserted them as I stuffed the pillow.

Comments