Thursday, November 01, 2007

October 2007 recap...

...because it's now November! (Can you believe it?!)

Finished (pictures in my Flickr projects set):
  • Summer of Love Lace socks in the Flower Power yarn from Blue Moon's Rockin' Sock club
  • Yarn Wench 100% Falkland top (4.1oz) in October Sky
    Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel
    Yield: 330.6 yards;
    2-ply yarn
    Weight: 13 WPI, Between Sport and Medium (Worsted) weight
In progress:
  • Knitting Montego Bay wrap in Walking on the Wild Tide yarn, using Montego Bay scarf pattern from Interweave Knits Summer issue.
  • Spinning 4+ oz of Yarn Wench 100% Falkland wool top in Josie; 1.5 spindles-full so far
  • Spinning 4 oz of Angora Cottage 70% Merino and 30% Silk roving in purple
Started:
  • Knitting the Corrugator scarf in Blue Moon by Spunky Eclectic (my own handspun yarn!)
  • Poppy socks from Sundara's Petals Collection
  • Spinning 4.3 oz of Yarn Wench BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) in Splendor Variation 2; first bobbin
  • Spinning 2 Chasing Rainbows rovings together in the Heather colorway: one Merino-Bombyx (2 oz) and one Merino wool (2 oz)
  • Peekaboo mittens (knitting); decided that the previous yarn was not going to work, so instead of casting on for the second mitten, cast on a new pair in a different yarn
On Hiatus until I can face them again:UFOs (In progress, but didn't work on):
  • Flip-top mittens (knitting)
  • Just Nan 2002 Christmas ornament (cross stitch)
  • Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  • Queen Mermaid (cross stitch)
  • Sangria shawl (knitting)
  • Seahorses pillow (needlepoint)
  • Twinkletoes slippers (knitting)
  • Violet Needle Roll (cross stitch)
Once I finish the Poppy socks, I'm going to try really hard to resist casting on for the Lenore socks (Rockin' Sock Club) and work on the Daughter's Peekaboo mittens plus all the Christmas stuff I've got in process. (Lenore, however, is seriously calling my name...)

2 comments:

Knit - R - Done said...

Wow. That's quite a list. I'm impressed with all the different types of things you do.

marie said...

Thanks! I'm one of those people who can't just sit and do nothing. I do a lot of my crafts while watching movies on TV or as a passenger in the car. My hands are always busy! What I work on depends on the location and my current obsession. (Can't machine quilt or spin in the car, so that calls for knitting or cross stitch.)

Wanna see completed projects of all flavors? Go to my web site's projects page.

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...