Monday, January 07, 2013

My 7th Blogiversary...

...technically it was Saturday, but I don't often post on the weekends.  I'm usually too busy running errands and trying to get in some quality crafting time.

Before I dive into the weekend report, here's a late entry in the Christmas cookie display. I had to wait until these cookies arrived at their final destination before I could show them. Yes, they are for the same couple for whom I made the marzipan bees!

Beehive and bees cookie

I need a little practice decorating the bees, but I think they turned out OK.

Moving on... I was essentially housebound on Saturday while I waited for a delivery (which never came!). I took advantage of the time deconstruct Christmas. I packed 95% of the Christmas decorations and put them back into the storage closet. The remaining 5% are the chile pepper lights and garland that hang from the loft railing. After going up and down the stairs multiple times to get the boxes for the decorations and then put them away, I just couldn't face going up the stairs again!

That left me with Sunday. In addition to my standard grocery run, I did a little shopping. I'm looking for a new pair of shoes to wear to the gym and made a stop at Sports Authority since it's close to the grocery store. I didn't find anything that said "Buy me!" so I'm still looking.

I also went to the fabric store. I know...I really don't need any more!  I was in the hunt for fabric to make project bags and to see whether there was any more of the yummy Plume peacock-themed fabric (Timeless Treasures) left.  I found some bag fabrics, but no Plume fabric. I did find some Shimmer butterfly-themed fabric (also Timeless Treasures) that uses the same colors of teal, blue, black and gold metallic.

After getting dinner set up in the crock pot, I spent the afternoon cutting out project bags and starting the assembly. It took me quite a while to decide how big to make them and then pairing coordinating fabrics using the new fabrics and stash fabrics. The bags are about 12-inches high and 10-inches wide, with.

So what does this have to do with my Blogiversary? Well, one of those bags has been designated as a Blogiversary contest prize!
  

***7th Blogiversary Contest***

Leave a comment on this post by the end of the day Wednesday 1/16 to enter the contest.  The winner will be announced on Friday, 1/18.

The prize: A project bag and a set of 5 stitch markers. The bag construction will be similar to this bag and the stitch markers similar to these. As soon as I have finished them, I'll post a picture.

Good luck!!
.

8 comments:

Lauren Novicki said...

Great blog, Aunt Marie! :)

Bogie said...

Happy Anniversary Marie! Those cookies are too cute, you did a great job on the bees.

Julie Eitel said...

You are the most productive person I know! Not to mention talented and creative. I am interested in making soap. I think you have done it before so if you had any pointers I'd appreciate it!






Jane Hirsch said...

You are the most creative and awesome person I know!! How you do it all, is beyond me!!

Unknown said...

There once was a Superwoman named Marie,
Who created wonderous items for all to see.

Cookies you crave? Flag her down with a wave.

Feeling chills in your toes? Her handwoven socks for those.

Need a recipe book? That gal can sure cook!

How's that?

ScienceJock said...

Wow! I just stopped by your blog for the first time and I'm impressed by all of your talents! Those cookies look amazing.

LaurenS Ravelry said...

I just read your post this morning. Am I too late to enter.

Thanks

marie said...

This marks the cut-off point of contest entries. If your comment is above this one, you're in the contest. If your comment is after this comment, sorry you are not in the contest. I appreciate everyone who visited my blog--thank you!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...