Monday, July 01, 2013

Tour de Fleece, days 1 and 2...

...and Happy July!

I realize that today is day 3 of Tour de Fleece (TdF), but I won't spin anything until I get home from work.

Day 1:
I spun and plied one of the 1-ounce batts. This is Red and Copper handspun :

Red and copper handspun

and the close up:

Red and copper handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 6/29/13;
Mostly red Wheel of Fortune batt (1 oz) plied with metallic rayon thread in copper;
94.9 yds. 12 WPI

I also spun the singles of another one-ounce batt that I'm calling Bollywood.

Day 2:
I plied the Bollywood singles:

Bollywood handspun

and the close up:

Bollywood handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 6/29/13;
 Finished 6/30/13;
Red and Blue Wheel of Fortune batt (1 oz) plied with gold metallic Sulky thread strung with gold sequins;
87.5 yds. 11-12 WPI

I also spun the singles of a blue one-ounce batt that I'm calling Blue Fortune.

When I needed a break from spinning, I started cutting out the pieces of the first baby quilt. The baby is a boy and due the end of this month, so I need to get cracking.

I managed to weave a few inches on the Taste of Honey shawl, too. I'm making progress and hope to finish it soon. The wedding is August 3rd.

It's going to be hard to make decent progress during the work week, but I'll try!  Fortunately, my annual craft vacation starts the end of next week, so I'll be able to balance my time between the spinning and the two time-critical projects. I predict quality time in the studio!

I hope the weather cools off, though. It's hard to spin fiber or wrestle fabric when it's so hot!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...