...because it's that kind of day.
- The baby quilt was well-received. It was nice to hear that she was hoping to get one of my quilts as a gift. I guess have a reputation to live up to!
- Sunday's baby shower was in Sacramento, a two-hour drive from home, a four-hour+ round trip. The Husband drove, which left me free to knit.
- The Southern Skies shawl is not a car project. I had visions of beads flying everywhere if we hit a bump in the road. I decided against taking it with me!
- On Saturday I did a little stash diving and found a Socks That Rock Lightweight yarn in the Carbon Dioxide colorway. It is shades of blue and gray that I though would make a nice pair of socks. I cast-on for Zombie Socks [Ravelry] and did a couple of rounds. This was my car project for Sunday.
- Sunday's sunset was spectacular. Unfortunately, I was in the car so I couldn't get really great pictures. Here's one that shows the colors even if it's not crystal clear.
- I'm in love with the cross stitch mermaid. While the Kreinik metallics are a pain to stitch, they look really stunning.