These are Sparkly Boot Toppers [Ravelry]:
The yarn is Red Heart Boutique Midnight that I found at Michaels. It's the first time I've used it and I figured boot toppers were a small enough project to see how the colors flow, etc. So far it's OK. We'll see how I like the finished product.
As I mentioned in the last post, I started spinning Violets in the Grass [Ravelry] over the weekend Here are the singles, ready to ply:
I'll be interested to see what it looks like when I chain-ply it.
Here's the updated list of WIPs.
WIPs in rotation:
- Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
Working on the center square
- Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia, originally started 11/6/11; restarted 9/1/13 (cross stitch)
Still working on the beading. The beaded swirls that flow off of her fins are very time-intensive.
- Sparkly Boot Toppers [Ravelry]
- Violets in the Grass (4oz) from Miss Babs [Ravelry]
Ready to ply
Works In Progress, did not work on:
- Carbonized Zombie Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Hive by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
- Love scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
- Rockefeller Moon shawl [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry]
WIPs To Be:
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.