Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday...

...while not a lot is happening on the WIP front, I do have a couple that I haven't posted.

These are Sparkly Boot Toppers [Ravelry]:

Sparkly Boot Toppers

The yarn is Red Heart Boutique Midnight that I found at Michaels. It's the first time I've used it and I figured boot toppers were a small enough project to see how the colors flow, etc.   So far it's OK. We'll see how I like the finished product.

As I mentioned in the last post, I started spinning Violets in the Grass [Ravelry] over the weekend  Here are the singles, ready to ply:

Violets in the Grass singles

I'll be interested to see what it looks like when I chain-ply it.

Here's the updated list of WIPs.

WIPs in rotation:
  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
    Working on the center square
  2. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia, originally started 11/6/11; restarted 9/1/13 (cross stitch)
    Still working on the beading. The beaded swirls that flow off of her fins are very time-intensive.
  3. Sparkly Boot Toppers [Ravelry]
  4. Violets in the Grass (4oz) from Miss Babs [Ravelry]
    Ready to ply

Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Carbonized Zombie Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Hive by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
  3. Love scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
  4. Rockefeller Moon shawl  [Ravelry

UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry

WIPs To Be:
  • A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me. 

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...