Friday, July 11, 2014

Eye Candy Friday, Day 2 of vacation...

...and it's going well.

Today's eye candy is an interesting speckled flower in our courtyard:

Speckled flower

and a flowering mint-like plant, maybe it's a salvia:

Tiny speckled flowers

Tour de Fleece, Day 6: I finished Plum Honey light [Ravelry].

Plum Honey Light handspun

and the close-up:

Plum Honey Light handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/5/14;
Finished 7/10/14;
Merino-silk top (4.2 oz) from the Yarn Wench;
199.1 yds chain-ply, 11 WPI

Tour de Fleece, Day 7:  Spun the singles for Ember Indigo 2, a merino-silk (3.9 oz) from the Yarn Wench [Ravelry].

Ember Indigo 2 handspun singles

Up this weekend: Spin In tomorrow!  Normally, I make something Saturday morning, but I'm baking  brownies tonight. Tomorrow morning, I plan on going to the Hallmark Ornament preview. Gotta get the latest Star Trek ornament!

I also want to go to the garden store to see if I can find something to use as a hanger for my wall hanging. Ideally, I'd like  piece of driftwood, but I don't think I can find that around her. My second choice is a piece of bamboo or a branch. We'll see if I have any luck finding something.

The rest of the time, I'll spin while I finish up the laundry.

I love vacation!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...