- It's November...can you believe it?!
- While I'd like to say that life intruded on my weekend's craftiness, the truth is that I'm in sort of a slump. I couldn't get motivated to work on anything in the queue. Pretty much everything else caught my attention.
- For example, we added a new rolling cart in the kitchen to replace an old free-standing cabinet. I didn't like how things were organized in it, so I swapped the contents with another same-sized rolling cart. Voila! Everything fits better in each cart. It will just take some practice getting the cat food out of a different cart.
- The Daughter asked me to go through some old photos to find some for her class reunion. I did that instead of knitting.
- I know I should start working on the baby quilt gift. Instead I worked on a Christmas quilt that I had started a few years ago. The fabric was already cut to make Yellow Brick Road squares. I sewed together the strips and cut them into the required units. They are ready to make into squares.
- One crafty thing I planned on finishing that I actually did was ply the Multi-Llama singles. I wound them into a plying ball and made a two-ply yarn out of them. I'll try and get photos soon.
- I started feeling a little guilty about not vacuuming, but then I remembered that the vacuum monster is a little under the weather. (It's not sucking...really.)
- We had quite a few trick-or-treaters, but they were pretty much done by 9pm. That worked great as I was ready to relax at that point. I asked The Husband to hide the remaining candy so I don't eat it!
- I was also under-motivated to read, believe it or not. I'm currently reading "Three Sisters, Three Queens" by Philippa Gregory. I love her books, but they are a pretty dense read.
- This week marks the beginning of a reduced work week for me. I'm going to 90% time, which reduces my week to 36 hours. I'm taking half-days on Fridays and hope to be able to use that time in the studio. Of course, this week, I won't be able to as I need to get the oil changed in my car! But at least I don't need to go back to work afterwards!
...Hey, look! I'm posting on a Tuesday!
...in which we have both clouds and flowers! It's been raining off and on for several days. We really need the rain, so no complaints ...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...
...blog and run. The amaryllis bloomed last week: The watsonia are still going strong: And this morning I found a peach iris in...