Wednesday, July 26, 2017

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and it's back to work for me.

And now that I'm back, my craft time at home is limited mostly to weekends again. The lighting at night isn't quite good enough for cross stitching the mermaid in the evenings. I try to work on some of my other projects, but I've been known to fall asleep in the middle of knitting a row!

The quilt is coming along. I haven't cut the sashing pieces yet, but I have cut out more feature fabrics. Here's a quick look at them:

Feature fabrics, as of 7/25/17

As for the mermaid, I am working on the metallic sections of her upper tail and back fin. The metallic is slow stitching and a little frustrating because it's so thick. I've double-checked to make sure that I'm using the thickness called for by the pattern and the right fabric thread-count. It's just a P.I.T.A.

Mermaid of the Pearls, as of 7/25/17

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Tour de Fleece Spinning - done!
  • Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
    Cut out a few more squares; purchased some appliques and buttons to use on the quilt
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Nearly done stitching the green metallic thread for the current section.
  • Spring 9-Patch (cross stitch)
    Working on row 3, square 1 - it's the last one!
  • Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Moved back into the rotation. Working on the last contrasting color for section 2.
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Phat Fiber box, Indian Wedding (spinning) [Ravelry
  4. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  5. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  6. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  4. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Finishing work
  7. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  8. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  9. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...