Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Wrapping up Tour de Fleece...

... and my Craftcation.

Tour de Fleece, Day 21
Craftcation Day 7:


Finished spinning Estrella [Ravelry]:

Estrella handspun

and the close up:

Estrella handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/20/17
Finished 7/21/17
Estrella Falkland (4.1 oz) and Estrella Firestar #5203 (2 oz), both from The Yarn Wench
81.9 yds.,  2-ply auto-plied with teal rayon thread, super bulky
Tour de Fleece Days 20 and 21

Tour de Fleece, Day 22
Craftcation Day 8:


I did a little shopping at Target, replacing the blender that died during my smoothy a few days earlier.

Then I spun Rio Carnival [Ravelry]. I used a Falkland from The Yarn Wench in Flowerchild and plied it with Luna in Silver-Multi from Trendsetter Yarns.

Rio Carnival handspun

and the close up:

Rio Carnival handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 7/22/17
Falkland (3.9 oz) in Flowerchild 1 from The Yarn Wench
Plied with Luna (trendsetter yarns) in Silver Multi
80.1 yds, super bulky

Tour de Fleece, Day 23 - Last Day
Craftcation Day 9:


My knees were giving me little trouble...22 days of spinning can do that! My plan was to do one more art yarn and then make my tour-end collage.

I pulled another Yarn Wench Falkland and plied it with a yarn that I got in a swap. This is Firepist [Ravelry]:

Firepit handspun

and the close up:

Firepit handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 7/23/17
Falkland (3.9 oz) in Flowerchild 1 from The Yarn Wench
Plied with a mohair-metallic - no label, presumed to be Wildwood from Valley Yarns
46.5 yds, super bulky

Tour de Fleece 2017 finale

The tour recap:
  • 12 new yarns (1,455.4 yards)
  • 1 yarn plied from singles spun before the tour (204.7 yards).
  • All fibers are from The Yarn Wench, except Robin's Egg which from Greenwood Fiberworks

Tour de Fleece 2017

Craftcation Day 10:

I made a quick trip to Jo-Ann's to scope out some appliques, buttons, and to buy needles. I caught a 40% off sale on batting, so I picked up 1 queen-sized Warm & Natural package.

I spent the rest of the day working on the cross stitch mermaid.

Craftcation Day 11:

Today is the last day of my vacation. It's back to work tomorrow...sigh. My plan is to just chill out and do whatever craft appeals to me.

So ready to retire...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...I love this time of the year! The path in our backyard has filled out and there are flowers blooming everywhere. This is the view ...