Wednesday, May 23, 2007

ready to ply some grape jelly...

Here is the Northern Lights (Louet) Grape Jelly roving all wound up and ready to ply. (See Sirena waiting in the background?)

Grape Jelly roving, wound and ready to ply
As you can tell, I have decided to make this a 3-ply yarn. I tried to make the weights of each ball as even as possible by combining some earlier-spun singles that are slightly thicker with the later-spun singles that are thinner. Still, the top ball is 3 grams lighter that the others. We'll see how that works out when I ply them! I'm not going to try and ply this until the weekend when I have time to give it my undivided attention.

And while there is no picture, I unraveled my Grasshopper socks back to the toe increases. I still haven't decided which sock pattern I'm going to use, but at least I'm ready to go when I finally pick one.

Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

Philip. said...

Just come across your blog.

Love it's title!! :-)

Philip
www.disabled-help.org

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...