Friday, May 25, 2007

hooray for Eye Candy Friday...

...'cuz it leads into a three-day weekend! And look what's decided to come back to life:

Berries are here!
Several years ago, we planted boysenberries, blackberries, and raspberries along the wall in our front yard. They produced lots of berries for a while and then eventually stopped producing fruit and we thought they were done. Well, they've decided to come back! This is just a sample, but it looks like we'll have enough berries for at least a couple of desserts...yum!

I haven't been able to get much done on my knitting, but I have been able to do a little spinning. Because I haven't had more than a few minutes here and there, I've been using the spindle rather than the wheel. Here's Chasing Rainbows in Moonstone that I recently bought from Crown Mountain Farms:

Moonstone roving on spindle
The colors are subtle and it's a nice contrast to the Grape Jelly I just finished and the Burning Bush that is currently on the wheel.

I'm looking forward to having and extra day to spin! To everyone in the US, have a good holiday!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...