Monday, May 21, 2007

spinning that wheel...

...and spindle. I didn't spin as much time spinning as I originally planned. One of my "chores" took up most of Sunday.

However, I did finish spindle spinning the Grape Jelly roving. I also finished spinning one bobbin of the Burning Bush roving and started the second one. I won't post pictures of them because they don't look significantly different than the pictures I posted last week.

Sunday, I worked on turning my "office" back into a room for the Daughter. She will be home in a couple of weeks to spend the summer with us while she works at Stanford. The room was fine when she was only home for a short visit, but it really wasn't set up for her to live in it. We replaced one of the desks with a maple 9-cubicle unit from Target and a two-drawer unit. I got 6 fabric "drawers" for the cubicles, so she how has a place to put her clothes. Eventually, I'll use these to store some of my office supplies.

On the knitting front, I made another pattern counter for the Grasshopper socks. Grasshopper has a two-row pattern repeat:

Two-row pattern counter
The charm is the Chinese symbol for Peace.

Speaking of the Grasshopper socks, here they are:

Grasshopper socks
Say goodbye...I am ripping them back to the last increase row. See the lace portion up there? That's 4 repeats (8 rows), representing 2 hours of work and very sore hands. The p2tog/YO combination is incredibly hard on my hands. So, no matter how much I love the way this pattern looks, reality says that I don't have the hand stamina or the time to do this pair of socks. I'm going to use one of the patterns that others in the Rockin' Sock Club are using. Maybe Jaywalkers...

[Sigh] I hate giving up on them. I've done a lot of that lately...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...