Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog Contest reminder!

The deadline to enter my 5th Blogiversary contest is midnight PST, 1/19/11, so enter soon! Comment on this post to enter. There will be 5 winners of my Knit2 Sock Bag Pattern and one of those 5 will also win a Knit2 Sock bag made out of the Knitmare on Elm Street fabric [Ravelry picture].

Enter soon!!


Weekend report:
It was mostly a quilting weekend, I spent a good deal of Saturday afternoon arranging and rearranging the quilt squares for my teal quilt. As a reminder, here's what it looked like when I finished the blocks:

New quilt, first look

This picture was taken before I replaced the diamond-patterned fabric with another fabric. The diamonds were just not working for me. Anyway, I finally declared the block arrangement "done" on Sunday and started sewing the blocks together. I'll probably look at the top when it's all done and not like some of the placement...oh, well!

I got 2.5 rows put together before I stopped for Sunday dinner (a big pot of chicken-barley-vegetable soup). I moved onto weaving after dinner and watched the Golden Globes while I wove. I think I'm on the last 18 inches of weaving, so I'm close. I warped a length of 95 inches and I plan on about 6 inches of fringe on each end.

Yay for productive weekends!
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...