Friday, February 08, 2013

Eye Candy Friday...

...the non-garden version.

Let's just say that the garden did not offer many eye candy candidates today. And my normal backup, the sky, was very gray and overcast. So today you get an apple:

Honeycrisp apple

This honeycrisp apple was my morning snack. That's it, that's all I have!

Up this weekend: Spin- In tomorrow! It will be the first time I've spun since last month's Spin-In. My toe is healing, so I think I will be OK. I'm taking my knitting just in case my toe starts to hurt.

I've figured out what I'm going to take...lime cream scones with lime curd. I have an abundance of limes leftover from the Daughter's party that we need to use. This seems like a yummy way to use them up!

I'm making slow, but steady progress on my Celestarium shawl. I'm about halfway done with chart E, but I've already prepped chart F. With chart F, I've printed each piece single-sided instead of double-sided. The constant flipping sheets back and forth was getting to me. I've also marked the corners with the chart number (F1, F2...F8) and added stitch numbers 1-72 below the original stitch numbers. I've found that if I deal with the pattern 72 stitches at a time (the number between the markers), I can stay on track with the YO, K2tog, and bead placement and not be overwhelmed by the total number of stitches in the round.

I really should spend time working on some of my WIPs, but I'm having too much fun with the shawl!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...