Tuesday, February 12, 2013

obsession, thy name is Celestarium...

...I can't seem to stop knitting this shawl!  It's grown to 18-inches in diameter. [Ravelry]

I am knitting round 87 of 157 (not counting the edging). When I finish the last 12 rounds of Chart E, I'll do an increase round and knit Chart F. That chart will take a long time to complete as each round will have 576 stitches and there are 54 rounds in the chart...wow. Someone on Ravelry reported that it took her 30 minutes to do one round. [Sigh] I'm a slow knitter, so it will probably take me longer. Oh, well...at least I'm enjoying this pattern!

Spin-In on Saturday was fun. We spun the second installment of our Spinner's Fiber Survey. This time we had  Cotswold. It was hard on my hands (could it be all of the knitting?) and not enjoyable. I was very happy to finish spinning that ounce! I plied it on Sunday and it turned out OK. It will probably soften up after washing, but that won't happen until after I've woven into something.

After I finished the survey fiber, I continued to spin the Navajo Turquoise [Ravelry] fiber I started last Spin-In. Now that My toe is on the mend, treadling doesn't hurt anymore. I'm not making a lot of progress with this spinning (see the obsession above), but at least it's easier to spin that the Cotswold!

No pictures today. I hope to post some WIP pictures of the spinning stuff tomorrow. I won't post another picture of Celestarium just yet, as it doesn't look marginally different than the last one.

I'm looking forward to our first Craft Night of the year tonight. Guess what I'll be working on? ;-)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...