Wednesday, February 06, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday and a little catch-up...

...yes, I'm behind!

Quick weekend report: The Daughter's birthday party was a hit, we had way too much food, and everyone seemed to have a good time. I made Mexican Chocolate brownies and red velvet cupcakes as planned. They were both yummy! That and laundry was pretty much my whole weekend...

I knit through the entire Super Bowl game. My hands gave out towards the end, but I got quite a bit done. Here is what the Celestarium shawl looked like today:

Velvet Celestarium, as of 2/6/13

I am ready to start round 66 on chart E...only 34 more rounds on this chart and only 92 more rounds total until I get to the edging! The only thing I don't like about this pattern is the edging. I think it's too plain for me. I'm looking at what other knitters have done with the edging and there are a couple of options that look interesting...with 92 more rounds to do, I think I have time to figure it out!

Because I've been enamored with this shawl, I haven't worked on any of my other WIPs. However, this weekend is Spin-In and I'm looking forward to working on one of my spinning WIPs.

I've been in the Rockin' Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts since the beginning. A couple of times I've been tempted not to re-up as I'm not very interested many of the patterns or yarn colors. I've also lost my sock mojo somewhere, so I wasn't actually knitting anything from the club. This year, the club includes one sock pattern and one pattern that is shoulder and neck related. Given my current thing with shawls, I went ahead and renewed.

My first installment arrived Monday (picture behind the spoiler):

Rockin' Sock Club Spoiler Alert

The patterns are interesting, but the yarn color does not thrill me. Hmmm, hope I didn't make a mistake re-joining!

The one thing that got my immediate attention was the sticker. It's now on my bulletin board at work:

My bulletin board

It's the Notorious Socks Knitters Got Sole sticker on the right. Yeah, I have a few! And, yes, that is a Star Trek sticker at the top. I get my inspiration from many places!

.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...