- The vacuum monster came out on Saturday and I finally got the leaves, debris, and furry dust bunnies removed. The cats, of course, disappeared as soon as they saw the vacuum. It took a while to convince them I was done!
- I spent most of the weekend on the commission quilt. I'm nearly done quilting the squares. I had to stop a few times to let the sewing machine cool down. It wasn't a hot weekend, but using the machine that many hours in a day was a bit much for it (and my shoulders!).
- Once I finish quilting the squares, I need to apply the binding. The final part is to bury a million threads, hand-stitch the binding to the back, and attach the label. Whew!
- I finished the machine sewing for Stealth Project #2. I made a label for it and just need to hand-stitch it in place.
- I need to remind myself to take the sewing machine in for a tune-up when I've finished the commission quilt. The poor machine really needs it.
- I worked a bit on the Sail cross stitch project. Honestly, by the time I finished quilting for the day, I didn't have much energy for cross stitch.
- Last week's heat wave killed a couple of our new plants. Boo! The Husband rotated them out of the courtyard and replaced them with some others that he had on hand.
- My goal is to finish the commission quilt by the end of the month. I think it's doable...we'll see!
...and the weekend report.
...and I'm ready for a weekend. The Husband planted watermelons this year and we have a baby in the garden. He'll have it all to ...
...it was a busy day yesterday. (Picture-less for now; I'll take pictures later when there is better light) The last installment of th...
...and I haven't melted yet! It was so hot this weekend! Fortunately, my studio stays relatively cool until about 2:30 or 3:00 pm. Whi...
...finally. Finished: 10/16 Echo No-Noro Hat (knitting) [ Ravelry ] 10/23 SW Blue art yarn [ Ravelry ] Custom rolags from Woodlake Wo...