- The vacuum monster came out on Saturday and I finally got the leaves, debris, and furry dust bunnies removed. The cats, of course, disappeared as soon as they saw the vacuum. It took a while to convince them I was done!
- I spent most of the weekend on the commission quilt. I'm nearly done quilting the squares. I had to stop a few times to let the sewing machine cool down. It wasn't a hot weekend, but using the machine that many hours in a day was a bit much for it (and my shoulders!).
- Once I finish quilting the squares, I need to apply the binding. The final part is to bury a million threads, hand-stitch the binding to the back, and attach the label. Whew!
- I finished the machine sewing for Stealth Project #2. I made a label for it and just need to hand-stitch it in place.
- I need to remind myself to take the sewing machine in for a tune-up when I've finished the commission quilt. The poor machine really needs it.
- I worked a bit on the Sail cross stitch project. Honestly, by the time I finished quilting for the day, I didn't have much energy for cross stitch.
- Last week's heat wave killed a couple of our new plants. Boo! The Husband rotated them out of the courtyard and replaced them with some others that he had on hand.
- My goal is to finish the commission quilt by the end of the month. I think it's doable...we'll see!
...and the weekend report.
...it was a great vacation in Arizona! We visited the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, the Sunset Crater area, Walnut Canyon, and several pueb...
...it was a busy day yesterday. (Picture-less for now; I'll take pictures later when there is better light) The last installment of th...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
...finally. Finished: 10/16 Echo No-Noro Hat (knitting) [ Ravelry ] 10/23 SW Blue art yarn [ Ravelry ] Custom rolags from Woodlake Wo...