Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top-Of-The-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • The vacuum monster came out on Saturday and I finally got the leaves, debris, and furry dust bunnies removed. The cats, of course, disappeared as soon as they saw the vacuum. It took a while to convince them I was done!
  • I spent most of the weekend on the commission quilt. I'm nearly done quilting the squares. I had to stop a few times to let the sewing machine cool down. It wasn't a hot weekend, but using the machine that many hours in a day was a bit much for it (and my shoulders!).
  • Once I finish quilting the squares, I need to apply the binding. The final part is to bury a million threads, hand-stitch the binding to the back, and attach the label. Whew!
  • I finished the machine sewing for Stealth Project #2. I made a label for it and just need to hand-stitch it in place.
  • I need to remind myself to take the sewing machine in for a tune-up when I've finished the commission quilt. The poor machine really needs it.
  • I worked a bit on the Sail cross stitch project. Honestly, by the time I finished quilting for the day, I didn't have much energy for cross stitch.
  • Last week's heat wave killed a couple of our new plants. Boo!  The Husband rotated them  out of the courtyard and replaced them with some others that he had on hand.
  • My goal is to finish the commission quilt by the end of the month. I think it's doable...we'll see!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...