Saturday, January 14, 2006

A gift of "space"

After surviving a first marriage that wasn't the best, I learned something about myself (let's face it, I learned a lot about myself, but I digress...):
I really need to be by myself once in a while.
If I don't get my alone time, I get really cranky. I need time to recharge and not worry about the normal, everyday stuff.

The good part is that my [2nd] husband understands and lets me have the time I need. He also needs time for himself, so it works well for both of us. This is one of the great things about our relationship - we understand that we each need space. We recognize that we don't need to joined at the hip to show that we love each other. We each have our own interests and encourage each other to pursue those interests. Don't get me wrong, we do share a lot of interests and do spend time with each other; it's just that we don't need to do that 24/7.

So, this weekend is one of those "space" weekends. He's gone off for an overnight, to play in the snow and get outdoors. I'm at home, working on my projects, napping playing with the cats, and watching the Netflix movies that have piled up. When he gets back Sunday night, I'll have dinner ready and we'll catch up on each other's weekend - recharged after our time alone.

It's a wonderful gift that we give each other.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...