Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tour de Fleece, stage 2

I spent about 20 minutes spindle spinning the Moonstone roving. This is the 6th time I'm filling the spindle. Of course, it doesn't look much different than the first 5 spindle-fulls...oh, well!

More Moonstone spinningOne thing about trying to spin every day is that during the work week, I don't have a lot of extra time for it. Monday and Tuesday evenings are pretty full and usually my Thursday evening is full, too. That leaves lunch-time and Wednesday evening. I guess as long as I spin a little it meets the criteria of Tour de Fleece!

On the knitting front, I tried the
Nereides pattern in Magknits in the Walk on the Wild Tide (WOTWT) yarn. Loved the pattern; didn't like it with this yarn. So, now I'm trying the Montego Bay Scarf from the Summer issue of Interweave Knits. Since I really wanted a wrap out of this yarn, I doubled the number of cast-on stitches and increased the needle size to 10 (6.0mm). I'm about 6 rows in and it looks good. There's not enough of it to photograph yet, you'll just have to wait!

Now, to go order another skein of the WOTWT yarn...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...