Thursday, December 20, 2007

packaging central...

...I got all my bags together and put the name tags on them. Then, I spent a couple of hours packing cookies into their containers. Here's what the staging area looks like:

Staging area for goodie baskets

I ended up with 20 gift bags instead of the original 27 (you can't see all the bags in this picture). I have a basic rule that if I won't see the family member during the holidays, I don't make them a goodie bag (I sent Harry & David instead). At the last minute, three family members canceled their plans to visit, so that reduced the numbers (down to 24). There are a few questionable ones, so there are 20 that we know for sure. I did pack a few extra cookie containers and put them aside just in case.

I think the only cookie I haven't shown yet are the Cherry Kisses:

Cherry Kisses

This cookie is based on a recipe that uses a chocolate kiss in the center. I found the cookie hard to eat with the big kiss in the center plus I wanted to taste the cherry more. I modified the recipe to include more chopped cherries and then I replaced the kiss with a piece of maraschino cherry. Yum!

The Daughter comes home this afternoon!! Even though we just saw her at Thanksgiving, it seems like forever...we can't wait to see her!

Tonight, the packaging continues. At minimum, I must have the work goodie bags ready to bring in tomorrow. I'm getting closer!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...