Monday, December 31, 2007

Tying up loose ends and December recap...

...I have managed to finish a couple of crafty things and started a new project. Realistically, I won't be able to finish it by the end of today, so I've included December's recap at the end of this post. I'll post my year-end recap later today or tomorrow.

There was one cookie that I forgot to document, so here is its picture. These are Pistachio Spiral cookies:

Pistachio Spiral Cookies

On to the crafty stuff...I made a new hat using a yarn from my stash and the same pattern that I used for Jane's hat. Here's Teddy modeling the hat:

Claret Hat

Specs:
Finished 12/28/2007
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Claret
Needles: Size 13 circulars
Time to knit: 5 hours (!), proof that I can knit something quickly

Next, I got a little spinning done. This yarn is spun from a Yarn Wench wool top (before its bath):

Cherry Cola Yarn

Here's the dime shot:

Cherry Cola Yarn, close up

Specs:
Finished
12/30/2007
Yarn Wench
Merino Wool roving (4.1 oz) in Cherry Cola 1
Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel

Navajo-ply, yield: 189 yds.

Weight:
12 WPI, Medium (Worsted) weight


**December 2007 Recap**
Finished (see above or in my Flickr projects set):
  • Hat in Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn in Charcoal and size 13 circulars
  • Hat in Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn in Claret and size 13 circulars
  • Yarn Wench Merino (4.1 oz) in Cherry Cola 1; 3-ply; 189 yards; 12 WPI
  • Christmas baking: 355 biscotti, 125 truffles, 4 pounds chocolate bark, 6 pounds sugared nuts, 725 cookies
In progress:
  • Knitting Montego Bay wrap in Walking on the Wild Tide yarn, using Montego Bay scarf pattern from Interweave Knits Summer issue.
  • Spinning 4+ oz of Yarn Wench 100% Falkland wool top in Josie; 1.5 spindles-full so far
  • Spinning 4 oz of Angora Cottage 70% Merino and 30% Silk roving in purple
  • Spinning 2 Chasing Rainbows rovings together in the Heather colorway: one Merino-Bombyx (2 oz) and one Merino wool (2 oz)
Started:
  • Black leg warmers for the Daughter
On Hiatus until I can face them again:UFOs (In progress, but didn't work on):
  • Flip-top mittens (knitting)
  • Just Nan 2002 Christmas ornament (cross stitch)
  • Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  • Queen Mermaid (cross stitch)
  • Sangria shawl (knitting)
  • Seahorses pillow (needlepoint)
  • Twinkletoes slippers (knitting)
  • Violet Needle Roll (cross stitch)
I'm going to look at the UFOs and decide whether any need to be moved to the NGFO/IDJ (Not Going to Finish Object/It's Dead, Jim) pile or if I need to really concentrate on finishing them.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...