Monday, January 28, 2008

quick hits for Monday...

...because it's been a pretty busy work day! So just the important stuff:
  • We had a great time in Monterey. On Saturday the rain held off enough for us to walk to the wharf,

    View from the Wharf

    tour the Carmel Mission,

    Mission shadows ... Prickly Pear

    walk on the beach at Carmel,

    CarmelBeach.JPG

    and do a little window shopping in Carmel proper (Souvenir yarn...yes!!)

    Souvenir Yarn from Carmel

  • I had great plans to work on the arm warmers and leg warmers, but instead I started my Lenore socks:

    Lenore Socks, in progress

  • When we got home, there was a notice that I had a package at the Post Office. This morning I picked up a box that held this:

    Pigeonroof Studio Fiber and Mini sweater card

    This adorable little sweater was knit from Pigeonroof Studio's "Kalypso" sock yarn. The fiber is also from Pigeonroof and is Wensleydale in "Plumthorne." This gift came from Terry, who won my blog contest. Unfortunately, you can't see the wonderful purples in this fiber...and it's so soft!! Thanks, Terry! I just love it!

  • When I got to work, the first 2008 installment of the Rockin' Sock Club was waiting for me! If you want to see what it looks like, click on the tiny thumbnail:

    Rockin' Sock Club for January

All in all, it was a great weekend and I feel recharged!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...