Monday, November 24, 2008

last Monday of the month...

...the weekend just zipped on by. We spent part of the weekend finishing up the various house projects like hanging the new track light in the dining area and replacing the old white board with a new one.

Cleaning took up the rest of our time. It took quite a bit of scrubbing to get rid of the remaining red paint dust in the kitchen. Ugh! What a pain that was! But the kitchen looks nice now (as nice as a late sixties kitchen can look).

We did all the dusting and vacuuming, polished the furniture, and got things back into their places. In the course of dusting I earmarked several cookbooks for resale or charity donations. (Really don't want to have all those Frugal Gourmet cookbooks in my house anymore.)

When I wasn't cleaning, I prepped for Thursday. I did my main grocery run for Thanksgiving (I know I'll do at least one more). I bought the bird and it is defrosting in the refrigerator. I made my cranberry sauce, boiled the brine for the turkey, and toasted and cubed the whole wheat bread for the stuffing. Oh yeah, and I made an artichoke frittata that we took to a friend's house for dinner on Saturday.

By yesterday evening, I was pooped! I sat down to watch True Blood at 6pm and worked on the bike helmet earwarmers. I finished them up watching Dexter. I wore them this morning and they were wonderfully warm!!

Bike Helmet Earmuffs

Specs:
Started: 11/19/08
Finished: 11/23/08
Pattern: Briney Deep Designs [Ravelry]
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns Waterlily, color 1960
Needles: US7

This was a fun project, just what I needed!

While it's a short work week, it's a long one at home. I still have a bunch of prep work to do, so my evenings will be full. I will really miss the Daughter's help this year, but I'm hoping to corral my niece and nephew as helpers.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...