Wednesday, November 05, 2008

there's a new day dawning...

...today I have hope and it feels great! (and that's as political as I'll get here!)

As promised,. I have the specs and a picture of the completed hat. Here's Teddy doing the modeling chore:

Simple Multicolor hat
Specs:
Started 10/15/08
Finished 11/1/08
Pattern: based on Cold Weather Hat #5 by Sharen Stennett (Head Huggers site) [Ravelry]
Modifications: I did it in stockinette instead of garter stitch
Yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky Twist in pink and brown &
Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in almond; 1 strand of each

Needles: 10 1/2 US

It fits well and it's warm. However, I wanted the hat to wear under my bike helmet and it's too thick. Now that I've tried a hat, I think I need some thing more like Calorimetry in a thinner yarn. I really just want my ears covered...it's cold in the morning!

I have nothing else to report. I could take another picture of my sweater, but it pretty much looks the same as the last one except it has one more buttonhole and it's longer. I haven't touched the Mystery socks as I'm still irritated with myself.

Actually, I've been having a lot of trouble getting motivated to do any projects. I think it has to do with the weather and the time change. All I seem to want to do is hibernate! Anyway, I hope to get past this soon as a have a secret project to do! (I think it would be nice if Jane got it in time for Christmas instead of after, don't you?)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...