Monday, February 02, 2009

well, that wasn't nice...

...our router at work decided to be a PITA and not come back up after a reset. So we were offline for quite a while. We're back now and I can finally post my recap (see separate post) and my weekend report.

First off, no spinning because my attention was focused elsewhere (see below). And I knit a little on the socks and on the scarf, but nothing else.

I made soap!! I made some Gardener's Soap for a friend (lemongrass, peppermint, cornmeal, chamomile, and apricot seed.), a few bars of Butter Mint (vanilla and peppermint), and a few bars of Creative Dreams (peppermint, rosemary, rose, clove, and some Calendula petals). It felt good to get back to this. I love the scent of essential oils!) No pictures yet...

I found some cool charms and beads at Michaels. I made two sets of stitch markers.

Amethyst and silver:


Purple stitch markers

Sea shell:

Shell stitch markers

Saturday morning was cool and foggy, perfect weather for taking some macro pictures. It was the morning of the spider...several of my pictures have spider web threads in them.

Geranium leaf:

Geranium leaf

Spider web:

Spider web

Morning dew on a snow pea plant

Dew on snow pea tendril

(there are a few more snow pea pictures in my Flickr account.)

Confused rose that thinks it's spring:

Rose blooming on January 31st

That's about it...the weekend was over before I knew it. Someday I'll get some spinning done!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...