Sunday, June 21, 2009

weaving R' us...

...finished another one! I'm really loving how fast these weaving projects are!

Presenting the completed Mas-Acero Shawl.

Mas-Acero Shawl, another view

This was gifted to my mother-in-law on Sunday. Here's a view of it hanging on the tree so you can get an idea of the drape (taken after washing and before a little steam).

Mas=Acero Shawl in the morning sun
Specs:
Finished 6/20/09
Finished size: 81"L x 18"w, including 6" fringe each end;
Warp & weft: Brooks Farm Mas-Acero yarn in Lakeside Shadows;
Warp: 10epi, 95"L x 19.25"W;
Weft: 8ppi;
Loom: Ashford 20" Knitters Loom

I had a great time at the Spin-in on Saturday...nothing like spending time with fellow spinners and knitters! The host and hostess were gracious, as always, and we enjoyed lots of yummy food! (mmmmm, pie...cheesecake...cupcakes...) I started spinning a Yarn Wench merino-silk top in Apricot-Cinder (I know, more apricots!) and finished about half a bobbin. No pictures yet, sorry!

While I decide what the next weaving project will be, I'm working on my socks.
  • Eleanor de Plume[Ravelry]: finished the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up the gusset stitches and am working on the instep decreases.

    Eleanor de Plume, heels turned

  • Fraggled Socks [Ravelry]: started the heel flap

    Fraggled Socks, starting heel

  • Under the Sea Socks [Ravelry]: Still trying to finish the foot! (no picture)

That's it for now...another busy week at work ahead!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW BEAUTIFUL THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...