Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WIP-It Wednesday and the first IDJ round...

...first the WIP (work in progress). This is the 5th Calorimetry that I have made:

Calorimetry #5, in progress

This one uses Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand in Charcoal Print. I'm at the halfway point and should finish this in time for the Daughter to take it to her friend on Sunday. I love knitting these...they are so quick!

This is the only active knitting WIP right now. Queen Mermaid is consuming me, so I haven't worked on any other projects. I beaded her necklace last night...twice! I had to pull it out because the beads just weren't laying right and the necklace loops didn't look good.

In keeping with the resolutions I made for my crafts, I have been looking through my long-standing UFOs. It's time to get serious (or admit defeat) with some of these projects. Those that I will never finish are designated IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) and will be removed from the list. I will repurpose the yarn or gift it.

The first IDJ of the year is the Montego Bay wrap in Walking on the Wild Tide yarn.

Montego Bay Wrap

I have attempted to use this yarn for 3 projects and so far have not been successful with any of them. I am a slow knitter and this wrap is taking forever! I've also ripped this out a couple of times as I keep losing my place.

I think that this yarn wants to be a woven scarf and was just waiting for me to learn to weave!

The next project to IDJ is the February Lady Sweater:

February Lady Sweater progress

Love the pattern; love the yarn. Don't love me knitting it! I hate my buttonholes and have redone them at least 4 times. I don't like the garter stitch yoke, and I'm damn slow! This yarn still wants to be a sweater, though, so I'll have to find something else.

I have a candidate for IDJ, but I can't decide what to do. I have knit one Twinkletoes slipper:

Twinklertoes

I just have to do the other one. The yarn is wonderful and the pattern is great. Just can't convince myself to do the other one! The jury is still out on this one.

Don't forget my Contest!! Leave a comment on my Blogiversary post to win yarn, fiber, or homemade biscotti! Deadline is Midnight PST on 1/20/10. Good Luck!

OK...I'm off to go unravel the Montego Bay wrap and wind the yarn into a ball. 

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Use the yarn for a weaving project, beautiful colors...and knit the other bootie...very cute...there does that help??

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...