Friday, July 02, 2010

it's still Friday, right...

...too much work makes me lose track of time! It's going well (I think), but there's still a lot to do.

I had hoped to show you a completed shawl today, but no luck there. I was almost done last night and then I discovered a major error 5 or 6 rows back. ARG!!! I think I dropped a stitch (like maybe when I fell asleep in the middle of knitting a couple of nights ago) and it ran. At least it stopped before it got too far. [Sigh] I need to rip back to the error and get it back on track.

So instead, you get eye candy from the garden. First up, dragon beans:

Dragon Beans

I think these look more like leopard beans, but they're cool. Here's another one:

Dragon Bean, up close

And new addition to the "It came from the garden" set is this cucumber:

Little cucumber

I don't think I've ever seen a cucumber black hairs before...ewww!

Up this weekend: I have the two Sandi Rosner sock classes tomorrow. I'm going to get my knitting bag together tonight. I'm really looking forward to doing socks again!

Tomorrow also marks the beginning of Tour de Fleece! I joined two teams this time: Team Spinnity [Ravelry] and Team Lendrum [Ravelry] .The first thing I want to do is ply the Blue Hosta yarn and get that finished. Then I'm going to play with the fast flyer that came with my wheel. I have never used it, so my challenge is to use it to spin at least 4 ounces of fiber.

The other goal is to spin every day of the Tour de France. That's a goal that I've had trouble meeting every tour, mostly because vacation usually interferes. This time it might be work that interferes...I'm going to give it a good try, though!

I'll upload a June recap (such as it is) when I can.

Happy 4th of July to all who celebrate it! 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...