Monday, June 13, 2011

Hello again...

...I'm still here. I've been a bad blogger lately. Maybe I just needed a break...

Anyway, my nephew's graduation went well. It was hotter than I expected and as a result I got a little sunburned. It's at the itchy stage now and I'm trying hard not to scratch!

Here are a few pictures from the graduation (sorry, the distance shots are fuzzy):

Righetti HS Graduation

Some contraband beach balls:
Contraband beach balls at Righetti graduation

Success!

Righetti graduate!

To celebrate, we had a barbecue at Mom's house. Zac grilled tri-tip on one of the barbecue rigs he made and it was superb! Mom made her famous potato salad, garlic bread, and piquinto beans . For dessert, Zac requested his favorite, coconut cream pie (yum!).

Looking a lot more comfortable after the barbecue (note the tassel on the cowboy hat):

Post grad party

I drove back Friday afternoon and pretty much vegged all day Saturday. Well, not completely...I did manage to work on the sweater I'm knitting. Here's what the back looks like now:

Seaweed Cardigan, as of 6/13


I have about 5 more inches to knit before the neckline shaping and then I can start the front pieces. I hope I have enough yarn!

On Sunday, I spent some time working on the commissioned quilt. I got some of the border sections re-pinned and started the machine quilting. It's slow going, but at least I made some progress.

I also washed and blocked the Blue Whale shawl. I might not be able to post a final picture of it until the weekend, but at least I feel like it's truly done now!

I hope to get back to a regular blogging schedule this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...