Friday, December 09, 2011

Eye Candy Friday...

...but not a lot to show for it.  Here is the one picture I have today:

Paperwhite Narcissus

This lone paperwhite narcissus and the silly rose bush from last week are the only things blooming in the front yard. (I don't count the lantana bushes because they always seem to have flowers on them.

I haven't really done much this week because it's been so cold. When I get home from work, all I want to do is curl up under a warm blanket and sleep. I've made very little progress on the Christmas present that I'm making...it's been one of those one-step-forward-two-steps-back kind of thing. I've restarted it three times now. Very frustrating because I can visualize it, but I'm not having much luck getting it into concrete form.  [Sigh]

Up this weekend: I'm starting it a bit early with the company card signing party at 5pm today. We invite our employees to come into the office and sign the holiday cards that we mail to our clients, employees, and colleagues. We have an ornament exchange and mostly just enjoy seeing our co-workers in a social setting. The wassail is simmering now and should be wonderful by party time.

Tomorrow is Biscotti Day—all biscotti, all day! I have the biscotti process down to a science and can bake them all in one day (last year's count was 439). They get their chocolate coating on Frosting Day, when I ice the sugar cookies next weekend.

On Sunday, I'll bake cookies from the dough that has been chilling in the refrigerator and then start working on the others.  I'm going to hold off on making the chocolate bark and truffles until next weekend.  I'll also do a batch or two of the Amaretto Nuts and Grand Marnier Pecans.

Somewhere in all of this madness, we'll take the tree out of its time-out and start decorating.  I'm hoping to have the house look more like Christmas by the end of the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...