Wednesday, December 21, 2011

it's still WIP-it Wednesday...

...the last day before vacation is always long. But I'm home now, enjoying a glass of wine, and vegging on the couch.  Tomorrow is soon enough to pack the rest of the cookies and find my kitchen floor under the layer of flour and sugar.

My biggest WIP right now is Christmas. My tree is partially decorated, my Star Trek tree is still in its box, there are boxes of Christmas decorations are stacked in the living room, and my Christmas cards are still in the Hallmark bag. I'm behind with the Advent calendar...I think the last date I did was the 13th! At least the baking is under control!

I have made almost everything on my To Do list, and a couple on my Maybe list. I still need to make the Chile Lime nuts for the people who don't want the alcohol-flavored nuts...not hard to make and doesn't take much time. I owe my former boss a dozen Chile Chocolate truffles, but I don't need to make them until just before I go back to work on the 3rd.  I'd like to bake some gingerbread loaves to include in the gift bags, but if I run out of time, it's OK.

As for the secret Christmas gift, I have been so tired at the end of the night that I haven't done as much as I'd like. Now that I'm off of work, I hope to blast away on it.

For now, I'm going to finish my wine and sleep in tomorrow...I need to recharge my batteries!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...