Thursday, July 26, 2012

studio mini-update...

...yeah,  I missed WIP-it Wednesday.

The big WIP right now is the cabinet and plumbing in the studio.  The Husband picked up the cabinet from Home Depot and we had to move my work table out of the way to make room for it.

He  has removed some drywall from the dryer side of the wall (which means the dryer had to be moved out the way and is now hanging out in the room) so he could get to the plumbing. He also removed the door jam around the sink alcove to make it easier to move the cabinet in. Of course, it didn't come out in one piece.

So, we have holes in the wall, debris on my floor, a work table I can't use, and drywall dust all over the place (again). Let's not even mention the tools on my sewing table (!). And why is the kitchen's brand-new dustpan and brush in my studio when there are two dustpans, a brush, and a broom right outside the door??

Needless to say, my studio is no longer clean and neat. [sigh]

[Trying to shake it off] Ahem. Here is the fiber that I selected for the Ravellenic Games. I am spinning 7 yarns for the Handspun Heptathlon.

Entries for Handspun Heptathlon

I picked colors that reminded me of my favorite True Blood characters. For Pam, I chose colors more for the Book Pam than the TV Pam and for her non-Fangtasia wardrobe. (Do you think I invested a little too much thought in my choices?! LOL!)

The Ravellenic Games start when the Opening Ceremonies start in London, 9pm on 7/27. That means 1pm in my time zone....I'll be at work, but I'll bring a spindle to do some ceremonial spinning. I'll do more when I get home and watch the opening ceremonies on TV.

Is it Friday yet?
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...