Friday, September 14, 2012

well, hello Friday...

...I have no idea how we got to you so fast. This week just flew by! So fast that I didn't get to take any new pictures this morning for Eye Candy Friday, However, I have a few pictures from last Saturday's wedding that qualify, so here we go.

The wedding was in Aptos, CA in Santa Cruz county. If you're local, you know that the weather can surprise you. If you're smart, you go prepared for both hot and cold weather. I was a little worried because my dress was essentially sleeveless and even though I brought a sweater, I was concerned that I might be cold.

Well, the weather was gorgeous--hot and sunny. So much so that we were all looking for shady places to sit or stand. They thoughtfully provided iced tea, lemonade, and cucumber water to drink, which was much appreciated. And the sweater? It did not go to waste because as soon as the sun set, it was cool and I appreciated the sweater!

The bride recruited friends and family for the table settings, flowers, photographs, etc., making the wedding very personal and very special. I saw various family members of both the bride and groom doing final touch-ups and making sure everything was perfect.

Anyway, on to the pictures. Every other aisle had bouquets of hydrangeas in metal hangers:

Aisle flower detail

The canopy was simple and elegant. Here are the bride and groom (in the background is the bride's brother who was the officiant):

Presenting the married couple

The tables were laid out family-style, which meant that large family groups could be seated together. (See how clear the sky was?)

Reception sky

The table centerpieces had more hydrangeas and some clover flowers:

Table centerpiece

The bride's dress was a cascade of ruffles that shimmered in the sun:

Ruffle detail on the bride's gown

And the cake was made by the bride's sister-in-law:

Wedding cake, side view

and a close-up of a flower on the cake:

Wedding cake detail

It was a happy day for all!

Up this weekend: I finished weaving the Blueberry Thrill shawl. I need to wash it and twist the fringe before I can declare it done.

In the studio: I have a few more drawers to label and I want to move things around a bit to make better use of the space. I want to see if I can get the catch mechanism to work properly for the IKEA panels. I found a great blog that had detailed instructions and photos--I now know where I went wrong. )I was also glad to see that it wasn't me...others have had problems with this too!)

I'm itching to start another project, but I already have so many in progress that I can't work on because of my wonky vision. I think I'll look at some of the spinning WIPs and see if there are any I can finish.  At least I can still spin!

Only 10 more days...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...