Friday, June 07, 2013

Eye Candy Friday...

...it's June!

The tomatillos are flowering...

Tomatillo flower

...and setting fruit.

Young tomatillo

The cosmos are blooming...

Cosmos
.
..the marionberries are ready for picking...

Marionberries

...and the apricots are nearly ripe...

Blenheim apricots

We'll have to work hard to get any apricots this year. There aren't very many and the birds are already picking off the high ones.

Up this weekend: We are in the throes of planning a party for their 60th anniversary. The Husband is helping his parents get their yard in order and I'm planning the menu. This weekend, I need to print a few recipes and try them out. Gazpacho sounds really good right now...

I also need to pull out my serving platters and see whether we have enough. We're still a few weeks away, so we have plenty of time. It never hurts to be prepared!

We'll pick the ripe marionberries and I'll make a batch of preserves from them.

I need to spend some serious time weaving as I have not made much progress on the shawl. Knitting the Southern Skies has consumed me, just like Celestarium did. (Big surprise!)  I'd also like to get a little time on the wheel because Tour de Fleece is at the end of the month and I need to clear the decks!

Sunday evening, I will be in my studio at 6pm to watch the season finale of Game of Thrones. No interruptions will be tolerated!

I also have this on-going fantasy of sleeping in...yeah, that will happen.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...