Mediterranean Mermaid cross stitch: I'm working on the tail fins.
I know it seems a bit odd to have only the bottom half of her in progress, but there is a method to my madness. If you look at the pattern picture, you'll see that her hair has blue sections. The blue seems a bit odd in the midst of that dark hair. Other stitchers have changed the blues for other colors and one even covered the blue stitches with beads (which is quite lovely). I'm not sure what I want to do about her hair, so it's safer to work on the other sections while I decide.
The Night is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry]: I just finished edging pattern repeat #13 of 58. It doesn't look marginally different, so no picture. It's just taking forever to finish this...
Carbonized Zombie socks [Ravelry]: Working on the 2nd of 3.95 pattern repeats on the cuff. I'm enjoying this pattern and it makes for a nice take-along project.
Windsor Denim and Chocolate singles (spinning) - Started at September's Spin-In and have not touched it since. October Spin-In is this weekend, so it will get some play then.
Ready to join the rotation:
- Be a Witch Monthly Musing - Got tired of waiting for the fabric, so I grabbed the fabric from the Hive monthly musing chart pack. Since I don't have plans to stitch Hive in the near future, the fabric can be put to good use now. When my fabric order finally arrives, I can use it for Hive.
Waiting to be rotated in:
- Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)- Technically it's still on hold, but I actually did a little work on it last week.
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry]
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.